We have had to learn lots of new skills and knowledge to be able to do this:
- We had to research and read about who was sent to Australia and what the journey was like
- We had to look at a good example of a diary so we knew what features to include in our own version. Including; using personal pronouns to write in the first person, talking to the diary like a real person, sharing our feelings and emotions, using non-standard English and time fronted adverbials to move the action along- clever stuff!
- We created authentic-looking artwork to illustrate our diary, like the pictures we saw when reading about the First Fleet
- We had to use some very clever computer skills to be able to transfer photos of our work from the iPads to our school server by sharing an IP address!!!
- We had to use formatting skills to make an authentic looking writing frame for our diary on Word
- Finally, we had to put all of these elements together to write our independent diaries!