Why do we call them ‘Cave’ men?

All living things need certain things to survive and flourish.  They need to eat and drink, they need to rest, they need to stay warm or cool enough and shelter to keep them safe.  Cavemen were so successful because they found a way of improving all of these things…by using…(that’s right)…a cave!

Think:  How would life in a cave or shelter be better than living outside for:

• Eating & drinking
  • Keeping warm or cool
  • Resting
  • Keeping safe

I want you to pretend to be a caveman (not too difficult for some of you I imagine!)  Now the first thing you are going to need is a cave!  You could build it out of your duvet cover or a big box…let your imagination run wild (and tell your parents I understand that the first day back I will have lots of cross Mummys to answer to!)  Do a good job and maybe you could sleep in it tonight???  If you do an amazing job, it may even protect you from the angry parents when they see what your challenge is!!!

Once you have built your cave, I want you to tell me all about why it is so good at improving your life (as a caveman) and keeping you alive.  You could do it as a piece of writing or a letter along with a photo of your cave.  Or you could make a video diary, showing off your new shelter and explaining why it is a big improvement on just living outside.  Let’s see what you come up with.

I can’t wait for the rest of unit 1…here’s a sneak preview of what will be coming up:

One thought on “Why do we call them ‘Cave’ men?