Today’s Time Table
- Literacy – Writing a postcard – a viewpoint from the alien.
- Maths – Multiply 2-digits by 1-digit (2)
- Reading- Insulation!
For todays literacy and SPaG we will be looking at what is needed to create a postcard home from the viewpoint of the alien that has landed at our school!
Here is a video for our SPaG lesson today:
Here is the literacy lesson for today:
Can you write a postcard home from the viewpoint of the alien that has landed at our school ? You will need to decide whether you are going to recommend Earth to the other aliens or tell them to avoid it!
Remember the aliens have learnt about Earth through our topic so would they want to recommend Earth or tell them to not visit?
Can you include in your postcard:
- Correct language (what do we use for people we know well?)
- Stick to the same viewpoint
- What person will it be in? (Are we using first person?
Here is a template for you to use for your postcard from the alien!
Today’s maths session is multiply 2-digits by 1-digit. There is a video, worksheet and answer sheet for the session. Please make sure you watch the video before your worksheet as it explains the session really well, I can’t stress how important it is to watch the video before the worksheet. The video will ask you to have a go at certain questions on the sheet, make sure you have a go at these.
Have a go at the questions on the worksheet, don’t feel too pressured to complete everything. If you need any help then please let us know.
Please mark the questions you have had a go at, Year 4.
Reading- Insulation non fiction text!
Before we start our science experiment for today, we are going to learn a little more about insulating and insulating materials. The questions are on the sheet for you to have a look at and the answers are underneath those!
Today we are going to design an experiment for keeping 3 hot drinks warm!
Can you design an experiment for keeping 3 hot drinks warm? What will you use to keep these warm for as long as possible?
Don’t forget to ask a grown up for help with this experiment!!
You will need to find 3 or 4 different types of insulation to test to keep the hot drinks warm!
You will also need 3 of the same mugs/cups to test these on!
Here are the slides you need to have a look through before starting todays experiment:
Before you start make sure you have:
- Asked a grown up for help with this experiment! (If they cant help you you could just design the experiment on paper saying what you would do!)
- Wrote what you need
- Got 3 of the SAME types of mugs so that it is fair
- Got one of the hot drinks and left it without insulation as your test hot drink (Just like we left the apples on the side with no preservatives for the mummy experiment!)