Homework – Spring 1 Homework 2

Hi Year 4’s, apologies about the delayed handing out of your homework sheets. I’m going to blame it all on you guys for keeping me extra busy throughout the day!

You are all aware of your spellings, you will be tested on these on Friday. Just a reminder, you are spelling homophones and near-homophones. These are words that sound the same but have different meanings and are spelt differently. Please see the list below for your spelling list.

• through & threw
  • weather / whether
  • here / hear
  • there / their / they’re
  • rain / rein / reign

SHELDON homework!!! 

Now, as you are all aware, we have a new school mascot in the name of Sheldon and what a brilliant addition he is! However, I have a funny feeling that Mrs Swift is not 100% sure for what she has get herself in to…

So, what I would like you to do is put together a fact file, all about the horsefield tortoise. Mrs Swift should be able to read your fact file and become very informed, as that is the purpose of the fact file.

Can you include different subheadings? Making it easier for Mrs Swift to find key information about Sheldon.

You could include subheadings such as: dietary requirements, expected life, friendliness of the animal, fun facts, history and anything else you can think of!

I’m really looking forward to reading these.